Frosty- Kate grew quite obsessed with the loveable snowman after her first viewing during the Christmas season. Keith took a photo of her the first time she watched it. She literally was sitting on the edge of her rocking chair, mouth agape. We went through weeks of her wanting to watch Frosty and talking about Frosty and even making us sing the Frosty song over and over again at the dinner table, in the car and basically all the time! When she says it, you think she's saying something like "thirsty" or "paci" even. Now, when she's excited like bouncing in a trampoline or running around the kitchen or swinging at the park, she'll say, "frosty!" I have to sing the song or portions of it (especially thumpety thump, thump, thumpety thump thump look at Frosty go...). And, sometimes, she likes to just run around and say, "Frosty!" when she's excited. She also dubbed her Mr. Potato Head as her "Frosty" because he has snowman clothing and a carrot nose!
See Ya Later- One morning as Kate was kissing and hugging daddy goodbye she said, "See you later!" Daddy must have started it, but now this is one of her most endearing phrases and she doesn't reserve it just for daddy. She uses this both in person and on the phone or when playing with her people or characters! And always, of course, in the right context. Oh, and sometimes she shortens it to "See ya..."
Hold You- Awhile back I wrote about her saying "hold me." Somehow this got turned around into her saying "hold you" whenever she wants to be picked up. Because we thought it was so cute, we never thought about correcting her, or the fact that we always say, "Oh, you want me to hold you?" This week, I decided Kate was bright enough to know the difference. And now she does. Sometimes a "hold you" will slip out, but if I ask her, hold who? She'll reply, "hold me, please." We also noticed her use of pronouns really picked up this month. She uses "I" when talking about herself and applys "he" and "she" to her people, dolls and animals and of course, her lovie bear.
One More then all done- Daddy likes to eat pretzels with his lunch. Now, so does Kate. Of course, mommy does not approve of such food, so daddy is always trying to limit how much Kate can have. Now when she asks for a pretzel she always adds, "one more, then all done." She has started applying this to other food situations as well. The best part is how she uses her hands to indicate 1 more.
Holy cow...and dirty dogs...dirty again, holy cow: An afternoon monsoon stopped Kate in her tracks. As she was staring at the downpour, I exclaimed, "holy cow!" The phrase had a big impact on Kate who later that evening began to use it during her bath. She has a set of "dirty dogs" that get clean when wiped or immersed in warm water. Once exposed to air, the "dirty spots" reappear. As Kate was cleaning her dogs, she'd say, "Dirty again! Holy cow!"
Where is it?/I found it!: Kate loves to play hide and seek with her lovie bear and pretty much every single character or little people. Her favorite is to play in our bed and hide under the covers, but she also likes to hide everything behind the couch cushions and in her shirt! Once hidden, she'll say, "where is it?" and then pull it out and say, "I found it!"
Mean face: Kate began making the mean face this week. Keith and I remember when our niece Gabrielle did this when she was around the same age. She furrows her brow and puckers her lips and it's just the sweetest little thing ever.
Mommy happy?: I lost my watch on my birthday and after several days of looking, I was convinced it was gone. I felt so upset at losing such a valuable piece of jewelry. I'm always so careful. Kate and I were eating lunch and I just couldn't help but feel sad and was crying a little. Kate was very concerned... I told her mommy was just a little sad, but that I'd be okay. I told her I lost my watch. Seeing how upset Kate was, I told her that mommy was okay and I'd be happy after her nap. The rest of the day she kept asking, "Mommy happy?"Long story, but I did find the watch. But the phrase has stuck and Kate is always very concerned if mommy is happy.
Fast forward to this week and Kate and I were finishing up a trip to our favorite store (Target). In the parking lot, as I was pulling Kate out of the cart, she gave me a swat (in her defense, it was 12:30p and she was ready for lunch and nap...I had pushed her a bit too far). I put her in the car, put the groceries and such in the car and got about a mile down the road when I realized my very nice earring was missing. As I was driving, I had been telling Kate that it is not nice to hit mommy. She kept asking, "mommy happy?" I was telling her that I'm happy when she doesn't hit me. That's when I noticed my earring was missing, I turned the car around to go look in the parking lot immediately. I told Kate we were not going to eat lunch because she hit me and now we have to go find my earring. She kept saying, "mommy happy?" over and over again and I finally broke down and said very loudly, "No, Kate, Mommy is NOT happy! Mommy is mad! Mommy lost her earring. Kate no hit anymore!" I did find the earring in the parking lot and Kate was quite moved by the entire event. It has only exacerbated her interest in my happiness and now she follows it with 'daddy happy?' and 'kate happy?', too.
I don't know: Kate somehow adds syllabols to this very simple phrase. It's like she has an accent or something. She understands it's meaning very well and uses the phrase in context excellently...she even raises her arms and shrugs her shoulders.
Hugs: Kate's hugs are strong. I can't remember when it started happening, but she hugs tightly and very sweetly. Whenever she says goodbye to her daddy in the morning, she insists on a hug to go with her kiss. I especially love how she pats my back sometimes when she hugs me.
Potty Time: Kate is definitely growing more aware of her bodily functions. Unfortunately, she is a little confused between pee pee and poo poo. Often when she pees, she thinks she's gone poo. But regardless, we're excited about her milestone in this area. She has gone potty in the toilet three times, now. She really loves sitting on her body and reading her Mickey karaoke book and Abby potty book.
No comments:
Post a Comment