The changes in Kate the past couple of months are so vast that it's very difficult to put in words. She learns very quickly and continues to mimic everything anyone says, especially if you call attention to the statement. Her memory often shocks me and her understanding of situtations and my communication is astounding.
Kate's Amazing Memory: One night I told Kate that we would be going to Disney World the next morning. I wanted her to know that when she woke up, we would eat right away and leave. Kate tends to dilly dally around in the morning (and why not...we rarely leave the house before 9:30a!). I figured that when she awoke in the morning and I reminded her of our plans, she would be a little quicker to get moving. Well, I was right. When she woke up the next day, she said "Disney World. Go see Dumbo, neigh-neighs and Mickey Mouse." Okay, I did not remind her all of those things were at Disney World, she just knows it because of her Disney Bear book. What makes this even more crazy is that Kate remembered despite the fact that she was up sick the entire night. She was soaking wet from sweat and clammy cool for three hours while I held her, but she still remembered Disney World. After a visit to the doctor's office, we ended up traversing down to Magic Kingdom for a quick visit because she just could not stop talking about it (not to mention, it was really the only day for Kate to see Aunt Betty & Uncle Ken who were visiting).
Sick, Sick, Sick: Kate continued to struggle with sickness during the month of January. After 10 days of antibiotics, she still had an ear infection and also developed Brochiolitis (fancy way of saying icky, icky cough). Round two of antibiotics seemed to kick out the ear infection and 15 days later, we still have a small cough and a little ickiness in the lungs from time to time. Hopefully we can stay well for the big birthday next month. I definitely won't be taking her into the gym daycare anytime soon, that's for sure. If I'm going to stick to my New Year's resolution, I'll just have to go at night.
Preschools, already? I've been researching preschools for the last couple of weeks and am considering putting Kate in one beginning next August. It will either be a 2-day a week or 1-day a week school just to introduce her to a school setting and provide her with some structured, focused play/learning. I have one more school to visit before making a final decision. I'm extremely torn by this and really not sure I'll even put in her school at all. She'll certainly love it as she is such a social butterfly and sponge and I am unsure that Ican keep her active and engaged enough on my own! Any of you parents of toddlers feel free to share your experiences and advice!
A party to Remember: Birthday planning is in full swing. I keep trying to remind myself that Kate would be happy with a homemade cupcake and some pals over, but it's so hard not to get caught up in the theme and fun of it all. And, as Keith has often reminded me, it is just as much my party as it is hers for now!
Check out the latest "Kateisms-February 7" for a list of cuter than ever phrases that she is saying right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment