She counts to 10! Ever since Kate was old enough to whine at my ankles and pull at my apron strings, I have been telling her to count to five (or 10 if I need more time) before I'll pick her up. Keith does this also. At the beginning of last week, Kate began interjecting numbers while we were counting for her. On Friday, she shocked me by counting to 10 while walking down the stairs. She did it again in the park later that afternoon and has done it several times since. I never expected she'd be counting already and to 10!?
Little People. Big Deal: And, I mean a big deal. We inherited Gabrielle's Little People cottage a couple of weeks ago from Grandma Ebbo. Kate LOVES it. She plays with it longer than any other toy and several times a day.
Magazines: Kate sits on the ottoman in the living room and flips through my magazines and catalogs. She especially loves the One Step Ahead catalog and others that feature toys and babies. I love that she'll sit for several minutes flipping through the magazines, stop by the piano, climb up and play a few notes and then come find me in the kitchen.
Our Little Fish: We've been in the pool a lot this week. Kate's comfort level is amazing. This weekend she discovered the hot tub. She loves standing on the 'seats' and swimming to the other side unassisted. She also likes to hold on to the step, float on her belly and kick her feet while blowing bubbles.
No comments:
Post a Comment