Monday, August 17, 2009

Kateisms - August 17




















We missed a week...so sorry. Between our visitors, the conference in Boca Raton and Keith's birthday, it's been just plain busy. Here's the latest, cutest-ever Kateisms:

"Sit" - Kate has learned a new word. She loves to tell us (and whoever is over for a visit) to "sit" next to her and play. She'll plop herself down on the floor, point to the ground next to her and say "sit" in the cutest high-pitched little voice.

"Baby, baby, baby"-
Taking a photo of Kate these days is nearly impossible. One reason is because she rarely stands in one place long enough to snap a shot, but mostly because as soon as she sees the camera or video camera, she stops the cute thing she was doing that you were trying to capture, walks up to the camera and starts saying "baby, baby, baby" until you show her the picture of the baby...(herself, of course).

She slides! -
I had the brilliant idea of bringing the Little Tykes slide inside one hot day when I didn't feel like sweating it out on the patio. Of course, the slide has found a semi-permanent home in the family room among all of Kate's other toys. This last week, daddy taught her how to climb up and slide down all by herself. Her technique is a little shaky, but I can't tell you how excited I am to not have to drop a dish I'm drying to help her down the slide anymore!

Knee-walking - Papa Paul and Grandma Ebbo babysat Kate last weekend so we could celebrate Keith's birthday. After spending a day with them, Kate is suddenly unexplicably walking on her knees...? Keith and I are bewildered at why she keeps doing it...she's not very good at it and it looks like it hurts! But she loves it and it cracks her up when she does it. Hmm. What else will her grandparents teach her????

No comments: